Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CHRISTMAS 2011 RECAP

I know we are well into January and who the heck wants to hear about Christmas, right?  Well, I am for warning you that this post is a brief recap of our Christmas.  I needed to do this post for me, so I can always remember how special it was!  I love to entertain.  Did I mention LOVE?  I love it!  Our tiny condo filled with family, conversing, and sharing great food!  It does my heart good!
We hosted Christmas day around dinner time for the Packer game.  I wanted our menu to be not so "serious"....just fun, game-day, Paleo eats.  That is exactly what we did.  Finger foods.  Let me tell you right now that if you plan to entertain in this fashion and think it will be quick and easy to prepare, think again.  It's a time consuming ordeal.  But still fun.  Unless you ask my husband, who questioned why it was necessary to make everything down to our own bbq sauce, mayo, and buns from scratch.  Bless this patient man.  I love him because he gets me, knows I don't take short cuts, grins and bares it, and just helps me til' the end with all my crazy ideas.  Let's just say I get crazy in a "Type A" sort of way when it comes to entertaining.  Does this happen to anyone else or just me?  At all cost everything MUST be perfect or I may not exist another darn day:)  I will lose sleep over it, obsess about it, and think what I should have done differently if something doesn't turn out.  I plan the menu for about 5 months prior and change it 500 times in between.  This is me.  Don't judge. (how could you not..haha)  All in all everything came together great.  We only spent about 10 hrs. preparing and the Blessed Bee ( hubs) only had to remake the Paleo buns 3 times until they were perfect.  I wish I was joking but that is the truth.  We had to play around with that concoction a lot for them to be just right.  Every single thing you see is Paleo and made from scratch.

Walnut Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Holiday Spiced Nuts
Herb Marinated Olives, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, & Raw Goat Cheese
Horseradish, Dill Deviled Eggs
The Blessed Bee's Perfect Paleo Buns
Slider toppings:  Maple Bacon, Pickles, & Balsamic Onions 
Slider's
Sweet & Spicy BBQ Ribs
Stuffed Mushrooms
Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes
Handsome Calvin
Vintage
Welcome
Calvin soaking up all the loving from Grandpa

All was Merry and Bright!
Wishing you a Happy & Healthy Year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment