Not having the ice cream in the house makes me have to put a lot of effort into getting it. I either have to drive to get it or make my own. It is very seldom that I will go through the extra effort. BUT....today was bloody hot and ice cream was in order! We whipped out the Cuisinart Ice Cream maker after dinner and indulged! This treat was worth every bit of the guilty pleasure!
CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
-1 can unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated) (plain coconut milk, no junk added)
-2 ripe bananas (frozen)
-1 tblsp. pure maple syrup
-2 heaping tblsp. cocoa powder
-1 tsp. vanilla bean
- Place your cold coconut milk, frozen bananas, maple syrup, cacao powder, and vanilla bean in a blender and mix well.
- Place your frozen bowl for your ice cream maker in the machine and start it, immediately pour your coconut milk in and let the process begin.
- It will take anywhere from 10-20 minutes, keeping your ingredients cold helps it set faster.
- Once done, transfer your ice cream to another bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour to help set it more.
- Garnish with fresh berries.
ENJOY! Eat Well & Be Happy:)