Looking for a healthy sweet treat? This is a favorite of mine! Filled with good for you fats...What's not to love? Better yet this is a very low glycemic option that won't spike your blood sugar and leave you needing a nap. A word of warning, this is highly addictive!
This recipe can't be screwed up. All the ingredient ratios are not exact because I just eyeball it and make it to my taste liking. As always, feel free to get creative and add or subtract ingredients.
COCO LOCO BARK
-8 oz. Coconut Butter
-2 tblsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
-1/4 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
-1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Nibs
-1/2 tsp. Tahitian Vanilla Bean
-1 tsp. Cinnamon
-1 tblsp. Raw Honey (optional)
-scant of Celtic Sea Salt
1. Melt 8oz. of Coconut Butter. Be careful to not burn Coconut Butter, it melts quickly. You are looking for
a creamy consistency.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients and stir.
3. Spread onto anything flat (ex. baking sheet, plate). About 1/4 inch thick.
4. Put into freezer for 15-20 min. to harden.
5. Remove from freezer and break into pieces.
I store any leftover bark in the freezer. Usually it doesn't make it that far:) ...it's that good!