Sunday, May 8, 2011

MOTHER'S DAY...Did you treat your Mom to clean food?

Happy Mother's Day to  the many beautiful woman that nurture the lives of others each and everyday!  Any opportunity or chance I get to celebrate my mom, I take full advantage.  My Mom (LuAnn), is truly incredible.  I wake up each day inspired to be the best version of myself I can be ...trying hard to follow in her footsteps.  She is a lady of  compassion & generosity, and by far the most self-less person I know.  The thing I enjoy most about my Mom is that she is genuinely a very happy person and when she smiles, you can feel she means it.  She would not want me to post this blurb about her because it may sound boastful.  Indeed, that is not my intention. My intention however is to encourage you to find that person who brings out the very best in you.  The person you admire and sets your mind at ease.  If this person just happens to be your Mother...you are amazingly blessed like me!  In honor of this glorious day of celebration, be sure to take a moment to pray for all those who have lost their mother's, mother's who have lost children, and for those patiently waiting to become mother's.  The world IS a brighter place for all you do, have done, and give or yourself!  I LOVE  & ADMIRE YOU ALL!
Onward to today's bountiful meals!

-Free Range Scrambled Eggs with Fresh Parsley
I did a dozen eggs whipped with 3 tblsp. of water.  The water keeps eggs light and fluffy.  Add salt, pepper, and parsley to your liking.

-Pastured Berkshire Bacon
I bake mine in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 mins. or until desired crispiness.  NOTE:  bake on a cooling wrack with baking sheet underneath for the fat drippings)

SWEET POTATO HASH

*2 tblsp. extra virgin coconut oil
*1 yellow onion chopped fine
*4-5 cloves garlic chopped fine
*1 tblsp. fresh ginger
*1 red bell pepper chopped fine
*2 sweet potato's or yams chopped into matchsticks
*8 baby bella mushrooms chopped fine
*1 medium zucchini chopped fine
*2 tblsp. Salt Free Jamaican Jerk Blend Seasoning (the brand is  "The Spice Hunter" -AWESOME!)
*sea salt and pepper to taste

In a large cast iron skillet, melt 2 tblsp. EVCoconut Oil on medium-high heat. Then saute' sweet potatoes alone for 10 min. stirring frequently so they don't burn to the bottom. Next add remaining ingredients and saute' for an additional 10-15 min. or until veggies are soft and flavors have come together.

-Coconut Flour Pancakes
Recipe compliments of Mark's Daily Apple http://www.marksdailyapple.com/coconut-flour/

-Caramelized Bananas (served with pancakes, alongside coconut butter, and pure maple syrup)
*2 bananas sliced to desired thickness (1/4-1/2 inch slices seems to work well)
Sprinkle bananas with cinnamon and nutmeg and dollop with grass-fed butter.  Broil in oven until golden brown.  About 7-10 min.  Keep a watchful eye so they don't burn.

-Fresh Fruit
*Mango
*Strawberry
*Kiwi

-Macaroons are from Bryanna's Bakery here in Fond du Lac.  Not Gluten-Free nor healthy but they are local made with good ingredients.  I bought them as a Mother's Day treat for my guest to indulge in.  Gluten and me do not work so I steer clear!  Looked delicious though!



That great meal held us right on over to dinner.  For dinner I did a spin off of our left over sweet potato hash. I love to do this.  Turn an already made meal into a second meal but with a different outcome.  It takes the boredom out of leftovers yet keeps you from being wasteful.

CARIBBEAN HASH

*1tblsp. Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
*1 lb. ground turkey
*remainder of leftover hash (about 2.5-3 cups)
*2 granny smith apples peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
*1/4 cup currants
*1/2 head of green cabbage, shredded
*1 tblsp. Salt Free Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Blend
*1 tsp. cinnamon
*1 tsp. garlic granules
* sea salt and pepper to taste

In a  cast iron skillet heat 1 tblsp. EVCoconut Oil on medium high.  Add 1 lb. ground turkey and brown.  After browned add remainder of ingredients and saute' an additional 10- 12 minutes.  Top with fresh cilantro for a garnish.  We enjoyed our hash with left over scrambled eggs and avocado slices.

 ENJOY!  Eat Well & Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment