We now do sushi at home so we can make it rice-free. Our "rice" is now cauliflower. Trust me when I say... You will NEVER miss the rice! Just give it a try and see for yourself! Sushi making is really fun and very interactive. This is great for entertaining and enjoying a bottle of sake. It gives everyone a chance to get involved and "build your own" sushi combo.
RICE FREE SUSHI (California Roll)
-Wild Caught Lump Blue Crab Meat
-1 Head Cauliflower
-Natural Wasabi Powder
- Rinse cauliflower, and grate with a cheese grater. Throw away stems.
- Saute' cauliflower with 1/2 a tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil or olive oil for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Let cool.
- Thinly slice cucumber, avocado, and carrot. Also shred lump crab meat.
- Place a sheet of seaweed onto a cutting board, and cover 2/3 with a thin layer of cauliflower.
- 1/2 inch from the top edge of the seaweed, place a row of cucumber, avocado, carrot, and crab meat.
- Carefully roll sushi until you have an inch of seaweed left. Wet the seaweed with water to seal the roll.
- Slice sushi roll into 1 inch slices. Make sure your knife is VERY sharp.
- Mix equal parts natural wasabi powder with water to resemble a paste, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve sushi with wasabi and coconut aminos for dipping condiments.
Enjoy! Eat Well & Be Happy!
(Enjoying our Sushi @ Yellow Tail in Las Vegas. Can't beat the Bellagio balcony seating!)