Friday, May 6, 2011

MRS. MEATZA!

Happy Friday to all my "Healthy Honey's"!  I hope you MADE it a great day!  What a beautiful day it turned out to be here in Wisconsin!  We welcomed the weekend with a fabulous Meatza Pie!

MRS. MEATZA


Crust:
-1lb. organic plain ground pork
-1/2 red onion chopped fine
-3-4 garlic cloves chopped fine (we are garlic lover's so we did 6 cloves...do to your liking)
-1 free range egg beaten
-2 tblsp. ground almond meal
-2 tblsp. salt free pizza seasoning spice ( I buy it in bulk at my local health food store)
-crushed red pepper to your liking (optional...I prefer a lil' heat...ok alot of heat:)
-sea salt and ground pepper to your liking

-Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Mix all ingredients by hand in a mixing bowl.  It should come together nicely.  Similar texture to a meatloaf.  Next spread into a thin crust on a pan.  Size and thickness is up to you.  I prefer more of a crispy edged crust so I make mine thinner.  Place in oven and bake 15-20 minutes for thin crispy crust.  If thicker just cook until it's cooked through...about 15min.  Thick crust won't be very crispy so you are just looking to cook the meat.
Sauce:
Tonight for time reasons I did our favorite, clean ingredient canned pizza sauce.  The sauce I prefer is:  Muir Glenn Organic Pizza Sauce.  Just tomato, EVOO, & spices...no sugar or anything dirty.  I then spice it up a little on my own.  I add garlic granules, salt free pizza spice, & fennel seed to taste.  Taste it...you may like it as is.  I prefer full flavored foods, which is why I add.  Spread the sauce over your meat crust.

Topping:
-zucchini
-cherry tomatoes
-mushrooms
-red onion
-olives
-red bell pepper
-eggplant
-spinach
-broccoli
-sun-dried tomatoes
These are just a few suggestions.  Mix and match to your liking, get creative!  Take your chopped toppings and flash saute' them in a cast iron skillet with a small amount of olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar (use a good quality of REAL balsamic...it does make a difference in taste). Just looking to add a little flavor to them so only cook for a couple minutes.  Next spread veggies over sauce.  Place in oven and broil on top wrack an additional 3-5 minutes.  Remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil and grated RAW goat cheese.  (RAW goat cheese can be harder to find so omit if you choose.  I like the depth it adds and rounds out the meatza perfectly!




Enjoy! Eat Well & Be Happy!


DISCLAIMER:  I cook with all ORGANIC ingredients.  I thought I would state this disclaimer at the end versus being redundant with "organic" before each ingredient.

No comments:

Post a Comment