Monday, June 13, 2011

21 DAY CHALLENGE

21 DAY CHALLENGE...HYRUM STYLE!

Happy Monday to all my Health Honey's!  We are going to make it a great week by smiling and leading  focused/ controlled lives!
One of my dearest friends, Corie Young, shared a life changing read with me.  "The 10 Natural Laws of Successful Time and Life Management." ~By Hyrum W. Smith.  Corie and I joke that we are long lost twins. We like everything the same, it's crazy!  Only difference is that she lives in OK and I live in WI.  We were brought together by the greatest business in the world, ARBONNE!  I have to add that Corie is the most inspiring, motivated person you will ever meet.  A person that her presence leaves you feeling like you can conquer the world!  These are the people "I CHOOSE" to have in my life (remember you always have that choice).  A quick blurb about Corie...She is a busy mother of 3 beautiful children that is training for a full ironman triathlon this Sept. 11th in Madison, WI.  Need I say more?  This girl is focused!  Follow her training journey on her blog http://roadtoironmom.wordpress.com/
Once recommended, I could not get my hands on this book fast enough!  I called my local library and had it tracked down (hence the "used" look of the book).  You may or may not know that I have a serious love for reading self-help books.  It's an instant feel good while improving yourself!  I focus 1 hour a day toward personal development reading or podcasts.  It has been 2 years since I started this routine, and let me tell you it's huge!  Life is a little hectic at times and this is a way to get your focus back and stay on track.  We need to remember that health is not solely based on exercise and diet but more so about the combination of MIND, BODY, AND SPIRIT. and ....minding yourself:)  We could workout like crazy and eat perfectly but if we have a life that is left ungoverned and out of control, it won't make a bit of difference.
I just dove into this book yesterday and already am in love!  A book that will for sure become part of my library.  Since I am only in the first few pages, I decided to share it with you, in hopes that you will track it down today and get reading with me!  The book stresses early on that its job to achieve inner peace, fulfillment, and well-being.  It then goes to stress that "time management" is only a set of skills and tools to help us more efficiently control the events in our lives.  But efficient time management alone will never give us inner peace. So...from there we need to determine inner core values (the things in our lives that are most important to us).  
Hyrum has a 21 day challenge in the book.  21 days of putting the book "laws" into play.  Who would like to take this challenge with me?  It is a chance to FOCUS and GAIN CONTROL.  I thought a good start date would be July 1st.  This should give everyone time to pick up the book and read it.  Also, a chance to participate in a non-food related challenge.  Even though, I am convinced that this book will work full circle and give better focus in that area as well:)  Today I challenge you to go out and be inspired!  Be your best version of YOU!  Each and everyone of you are SO beautiful and have a chance to SHINE BRIGHT onto the lives of others....LET'S DO THIS!!!!!
Steph





1 comment:

  1. I'm in with ya Steph!! Can I say the admiration and inspiration is mutual! love ya! can't wait to see you (i'll be in WISC july 11-17ish.) we shall do something fun!

    ReplyDelete