Feel free to add or subtract any ingredients or quantities.
PRIMAL "PASTA" PRIMAVERA
-4 medium sized zucchini's "thick julienne strips" on Mandoline Slicer (watch your fingers!)
-1 small red onion sliced thin
-4-6 garlic cloves minced
-8-10 Mediterranean olives rough chopped
-1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
-4 medium carrots peeled and sliced
-10-12 baby bella mushrooms quartered
-2 cups fresh spinach rinsed
-7-10 cherry tomatoes whole
-4 cooked "hot" Italian chicken sausages cooked
-good quality olive oil
-balsamic vinegar ( I prefer Anton's Chocolate Balsamic from Cujak's wine store...delicious)
-2 tblsp. salt free pizza spice (found in most bulk spice sections)
-sea salt (to taste)
-ground pepper (to taste)
-RAW goat cheese and basil for garnish (rounds out dish perfectly)
1. Julienne zucchini to make "pasta"....then set aside.
2. Rinse and chop remaining ingredients. Including cooked chicken sausages. I sliced the sausages about a
1 /2 inch thick then quartered them.
3. On high heat, in a cast iron skillet, heat 1tblsp. olive oil.
4. First add onion, garlic, carrots, and peppers. Saute' 3-4 minutes. Next add mushrooms and tomatoes,
saute' an additional 3-4 minutes. Then add zucchini "pasta", spinach, sausages, pizza seasoning, S&P, and
saute' an additional 3-4 minutes. (The goal is to "flash saute" veggies. Do not over cook them to the point
of being soggy. They should still remain fresh and slightly crisp.)
5. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
6. Lastly, plate up and garnish with basil and shaved RAW goat cheese.
ENJOY! Eat Well & Be Happy!