Sunday, June 26, 2011

PLEASE DON'T TAKE MY SUNSHINE AWAY!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was great, along with GREAT weather!  Just what the doctor ordered!  A weekend of fun in the sun!  I am going to share a bunch of pictures with you to recap our weekend because I want to get back outside, enjoy my little family, and soak up the last bits of daylight:)  Enjoy!

Worked on our garden which is looking really good thus far.

snuggled in the sunshine and played "soccerball" as Calvin knows it:)


Dinner at the Paddock Club in Elkhart Lake, WI.  Amazing food as always!  Larry had the red wine braised shortrib and seared scallops and I had the Lemon, Rosemary Chicken with seasonal vegetables.  The Nascar races were held in Elkhart Lake this weekend so the town was hopping!

A few more laughs at the "Tiki Bar" and some great live music by The Liam Ford Band.



Picked 48 lbs. of strawberries at Meuer Farms in Brothertown, WI.  Fell in love with this cute little pig!  Picking strawberries is a forever family tradition that I love doing.  It's so addicting trying to find that "perfect" strawberry!  Too much sampling in the mean time.  Larry was so funny.  He thought it was "illegal" to eat a strawberry or two while picking. But then I caught him, all 6ft.3in's of him, hunched over sneaking one:) HA!  That's the spirit!  It's all part of the beautiful experience!  My favorite part of today's picking was the owner telling me how alot of the strawberries have "stretch marks" this summer due to rapid growth.  I couldn't help but chuckle about this...I guess it happens to the best of us right?  Lastly disregard my semi burnt back in photo one.  It happened to me yesterday when I put some miles on the road bike early in the day.  I know better than to think I can't get burnt in the morning:(  Came home and rubbed down with my Arbonne SPF 30 to prevent anything further...now just trying to correct the maze on my back:)
 Helper #1 checking out the fruits of our labor:)


Made a great "raw" dessert tonight!  A date, macadamia nut, and coconut crust topped with berries.  It was awesome and I will be sharing the recipe tomorrow!  I love to take the time on Sunday evenings to reflect on my past week.  My mother refers to it as being "mindful."  One thought I have tonight is that my heart is so completely full of love and abundance.  There is not one other place I would rather be than right here in my own life.......:)

No comments:

Post a Comment